If you love reading blogs as much as I do, you often find that all of your social media is filled with posts from people you don’t really know in real life. My friend Heather uses the hashtag #myfriendsliveinmycomputer and I LOVE it. Why? Because, well, many of my friends do live in my computer.
So, everyone out there in blogland, let’s get to know each other. This week I’m starting Meet Up Monday where we can link up with each other and re-introduce ourselves.
To kick this off, I’m sharing a funny post to help you get to know me (and my kids) a little better!
One of my favorite parts about being a mom is all the talking. From the moment these little munchkins utter their first goo-goo gaa-gaas, I’m totally smitten. I love everything from the tone and pitch of their little voices to the things they actually say.
At 14 months, Nicholas isn’t saying much yet. He says “A-da” and “dada” when he wants his daddy and he says “that” very clearly. He is also still grunting and pointing a lot. But little man certainly makes himself understood. He has this hilarious habit of growling or laughing when he agrees with you.
Gia, on the other hand, has always been a little chatter box. She didn’t speak super clearly when she was very little, but by 18 months she was stringing 2 words together all the time. And the older she gets, the funnier she gets. I keep a running log of her “greatest hits” — aka the absollute funniest things she says. Here are a few from recent months guaranteed to brighten up your Monday!
1. At her dance recital
Me: I’m excited to watch you dance Gia!
G: I’m excited to watch you sit!
2. For Father’s day we got Daddy a new hooded sweatshirt that he loved. Said sweatshirt went missing about a week later, much to our dismay. Two weeks went by and he found it in the oven in Gia’s play kitchen!
Daddy: Gia! My sweatshirt! Did you know it was in here?
Gia: Yup. It’s nice and roasted!
3. The Microphone
Gia got a microphone for her birthday (thanks Steph!!) and from the moment it was out of the box she’d tell us to say “hit it girl” before she sang. (I have NO idea where she came up with that one!)
4. While in the car, on our way home from my mom’s house
Too bad we couldn’t stay at Yadi’s longer. I really like her home.
5. About her turkey sandwich
I’d really love some may-day on that, Mom. (may-day = mayonnaise)
It’s party time!
Let’s get to know each other with this virtual blog party! Grab your favorite snack and get linked. Share your favorite recent post with us. Bonus points if that post is about you or your life. I’ll read all the posts and will feature one blogger favorite next week, so be ready!
1. Check out 2 other blogs. It’s not a party if you’re not mingling!
2. Please link only once.
3. Please do NOT posts to other linkups, reviews, or giveaways.
4. Help spread the word about Meet Up Monday! Tweet it, Facebook it, Instagram It, Pin it! Use the hashtag #meetupmonday so we can mingle on other forms of social media too 🙂