I love pumpkin bread, but I don’t love all the oil, sugar and white flour that goes into a recipe. Sure it’s healthier than something you’d buy at the store (all those preservatives!) but it’s still not actually healthy.
So I tried a few different “skinny” recipes and I came up with a delicious recipe that will please the whole family. (Even Nicholas loves these.) These muffins are moist thanks to all the pumpkin and they’re just the right amount of sweet… and full of those amazing fall spices. YUM!
Skinny Pumpkin Muffins
yield: 12 muffins
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice (you can also sub 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
2 tsp coconut oil
2 egg whites
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, all spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, egg whites and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until thick.
4. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix!
5. Pour batter into muffin tins and bake on the center rack for 20-25 minutes.